Monday, February 7, 2011

Am I Getting Old???

Being weepy is just getting so old. So are these stupid hormone fluctuations...But I guess that is part of the problem. I am getting old. I don't want to, but it is happening anyway.

I used to smile at my birthdays. Age didn't matter. I think I didn't realize that someday I would wake up and my age would catch up with me.

It has...

I went to the store on Saturday. I decided to do something to help me to feel better. I have, off and on, used products to take care of my skin. I haven't used anything for several years. It is time to correct that oversight.

So I bought a few products geared towards anti-aging, skin firming, and wrinkle reduction. I have been blessed that I don't have that many wrinkles.... yet. At least not unless I smile. I do get wrinkles around my eyes when I smile.

But I am beginning to get that saggy cheek look. You know, where older people have their cheeks defined by a line running down from their nose to the corner of the mouth? I noticed it beginning to form a few months ago.

So I used the products. I said to Danny yesterday morning as we were walking to church (car still not working), that I know it is all in my head, but I think I already see improvement. He looked at me and smiled... He looked at me closer... He said he didn't think it was all in my head. He said my skin looked smoother and more even. He made my day!!

I hope this does work, that I am able to stave off the inevitable for at least a few more years. Someday I will have to just face it, I'm getting old....

But I really don't want to face it today....

No comments:

Post a Comment