Thursday, June 9, 2011

Take a Walk......

I think I discovered why my mind has been such a blank as to subjects to write about... I stopped taking my walks... often I come up with my ideas as I am trudging along on the roadside, telling myself, one foot in front of the other, I can do this...... But I stopped doing it, so many reason, ie excuses... no time, my foot hurts, I'm tired already, it's hot, it's cold, the list can go on forever, but they are just excuses. I need to do this for me.

It helps my back, it helps my mood. It is just a healthy thing to do. Today I made myself do it, despite feeling cruddy. I do feel better now, and I decided to treat myself to lunch/dinner from Baja Fresh. Yummy steak/shrimp bowl. I love those, with lots of pico whatever you call it and pineapple salsa on it. So good.

Today, as I was heading home after reaching my half-way mark, I passed a couple on the side of the road, begging for money. I wonder if I would ever feel that desperate to do that kind of thing, I hope not. I think with my kids and other family members, they would not let it get to that point for me. But I am determined to find a way so that would never become an issue, either one.

I forced myself out today. My throat hurts, my sinuses are clogged. I couldn't resist the sour cream last night and I think I am having a really bad allergic reaction this time. I think it is time to give up dairy, at least uncooked dairy.

Eating is kinda becoming a bummer!! Too many things coming off the list.

But not totally... That steak/shrimp bowl is calling to me. I put Twilight on, I intend to do a marathon tonight, all three movies if I manage to stay awake.

No comments:

Post a Comment