Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Searching..... Searching..... Searching.....

I spent the day at Bridgette's today. She had to find the title to a truck they are trying to sell. Since she is so busy she multitasks with sleep, (meaning she gets very little), I offered to help.

We went through so many boxes of mail waiting to be filed, shredded, or just thrown away. Once upon a time she was very organized, but kids and school and garden and house and not enough hours in the day have caught up with her. We never did find the title while I was there. But we had a good time talking and sharing things in our hearts. I got to do a little "bonding" with my daughter today.

I took Bobby with me because I am just not comfortable leaving him home alone all day. He drove me nuts. Every so often he would come and "casually" remind me it was Tuesday and we need to go to Bi-Mart... Or ask when we were going to eat next... Or when are we going to go home... or he's excited cause he is going to earn enough points soon to be able to make another trip to Toys R Us. (He earns points by doing chores). I finally told him I was going to dock him some points if he didn't stop bugging me.

He stopped... sorta.

On the way home I kinda lost it at him. I didn't yell or anything, just let him know I was tired and really didn't want to hear about it any more.

So now he's having a bad day....

Kinda reminds me of a certain 5-yr-old grand daughter.

After we got home I told him he really needs to learn to start thinking of others. I was trying to help his sister and all I ended up feeling was frustration and annoyance at him.

More 5-year-old attitude...

But I have to give him credit. He didn't melt down... He didn't even fully cry...

And about an hour later he came to me and sorta apologized.

All is forgiven, it was a long time ago. I guess sometimes I just wish I had a 21-yr-old son and not a forever 5-yr-old.

Bridgette sent me a text. She found the title. Quite an astounding place where she found it too...

In the file cabinet, in a file folder. It never occurred to me to look there....

For someone who just took a vacation, I think I need to do it again.

Oh well.... I'm going back on Friday to help her find that wonderfully organized daughter I once knew before the children, and classes, and garden, and lack of sleep and time took her away.

I'm pretty confident we will find her, or at least catch a glimpse. And this time Bobby gets to stay home....

PS... they sold the truck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment