Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Is wanting to look nice... vain?

I'm definitely out of the dumps. Getting the better picture of me really helped. I really don't know who that other person was, I was shocked at the picture to be honest. This latest picture is true to what I really look like. I like to think I am not quite so plump, but oh well...

Sooooo......

With all that is going on in the world, the earthquakes, the wars, the hunger... you would think I would have been less self-absorbed. There are millions of people who have much worse problems than me. Daily. Hourly. I guess now that my head is working a little better I'm a bit ashamed of myself for being so concerned about my age. Not ashamed like I want to hide under a rock... but more disappointed in me, I let the vain part of me take over for a while.

But we all want to look good, feel good, be good. Don't we?

I would love to have some guy turn his head and say "Wow!". Ok, I doubt that will ever happen again, it's been years since... well... I have had 6 kids after all.

Ok, I'll be honest... I was freaking out over those pictures taken of me last week. The ones I posted online. Gad, I did want to hide under a rock then.

But I did something about it.

I got my hair cut in a new style...

I pulled out my trusty little bottle of Sun-In and went at it with a hair dryer. My hair keeps wanting to go dark, instead of staying the color it was for so long. So I helped it with a little artificial sun bleaching...

I went shopping and got some new clothes that fit better, after all, I have lost 40 lbs...

I got some make-up...

I'm not sure it was so much vanity as just wanting to look nice. And I did help the economy in the process.

2 comments:

  1. Your silly. Your not vein, just wanting to look nice :) You'll turn head yet

    ReplyDelete