Wednesday, March 10, 2010

New Books!!

I got some new books from Amazon yesterday. I love to read, to learn new things I didn't know before. I especially like books on history. The problem with history, though, is that so much has been rewritten, distorted, and outright fabricated. How can we know what is true anymore?

I have had a longing to learn the truth about the Founding Fathers. About what really created and shaped the United States of America. I believe those men to be men of integrity, men of honor, to have been inspired and directed by God to write the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. I believe that there are rights that are given to us by God, and not a government. It saddens me that those truths are not taught today, nor have they been for a very long time.

I suspect this is the same throughout the world. I wonder how many other countries have distorted histories or have been rewritten to satisfy the progressives?



One of the books I got is called "A Patriot's History of the United States: From Columbus's Great Discovery to the War on Terror". I was excited when I learned about this book (thank you Glenn Beck), because it was written though documented facts, not progressive distortions. The book is really thick, about 2 inches, so it will take me a while to finish it.

Although this is not a political blog, I do have political views. Being LDS lends itself to being conservative, and I am. I am concerned about the condition of both the USA and the world. Scriptural history is repeating itself. People are enslaved but through their righteousness are, in time, delivered out of bondage... they become prosperous... they become self-serving... they forget God... great wickedness becomes common and accepted... they fall into bondage again. This is a circle that has repeated itself over and over again.

I believe we are falling into bondage again. Great wickedness has prevailed for far too long. I'm wondering if this is the last time this cycle will be completed? Is our Lord and Savior coming back in His Glory soon? Will I be as I need to be to be counted among the righteous?

I think this is one of the reasons I am so interested in history, in learning the truth. I want to be counted among the righteous and I don't think that will happen in ignorance.

No comments:

Post a Comment