Thursday, May 13, 2010

Anyone For A Date?

Meet The Man You Deserve.....

Never Too Late For Love.....

20,000 New Singles Daily.....

Date Fifty Plus Men.....

Find A Great Relationship.....

Go On A Date!!.....

Meet Single Men!!.....

Meet Single Dads!!.....

and my all-time favorite.....

Millionaires Looking For Classy Women.............

Give me a break! All these ads come up on Facebook. Let me see... I tried meeting someone online... trusted him... fell in love with him... married him....

We all know how well that one turned out!!

I do admit I get a chuckle out of the ads. Especially the millionaire one. Think about it... would I really want to try to have a serious relationship with someone who presented himself that way? "Look at ME! I'm rich and shallow and materialistic and I'm looking for someone just like me!" More and likely, most of those men are dirt poor and just pretending anyway.

Not that financial security isn't important, but money isn't the top priority for me. Stability is. Honesty and Faithfulness are. I'm really not sure about finding a stable man on one of those sites. At least not one who carries the same core values I do. My core values are important to me. Besides the three already listed, I also believe Humility, Compassion, Fidelity, Integrity, and a deep and true love of Christ are vital. I compromised before, I'm not willing to do it again.

I did look at "Mormon" sites for a bit. Tiffany has been trying to talk me into joining "Plenty Of Fish", the one she is on. No thank you. I actually signed up on a "Mormon" site for about a week, out of curiosity. What I saw was instability. And I got rated a 2 out of 5. I really don't need some stranger telling me I'm not good enough, not when he doesn't even know me. It was boring and I didn't meet anyone I would want to have a 5 minute conversation with, let alone a whole date.

I guess the online dating business is big business. Let them go ahead... they're just not getting anything from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment