Saturday, April 24, 2010

Computers!!!

First I had a desk top computer. It is old, but suits my needs. I feel lost if it crashes, so I am protective of it. It is like an extension of me.

I do my banking online. I am online a lot with Facebook, email and this blog. I am not all that literate with my computer, but I still feel lost without it.

Then I injured my sciatic nerve and could no longer sit. I couldn't do anything on my computer and it was driving me nuts! So I got a notebook computer. It is small and light enough that I could hold it with one hand and type with the other. I got a USB mouse so I could navigate better and play games on Facebook. I had a lot of time to kill, pretty much stuck laying down, on my back, for months and months. But I noticed the notebook kept getting slower and slower.

Last, I felt sorry for my ex-husband and bought an old Dell Pentium 4 lap top from him for $100. He needed money. He always needs money. It needed to be wiped clean so I left it with Danny. So now I have 3 computers!! Do I feel a bit... obsessed?

In the meantime, I started using Tiffany's computer when I moved in with her. Although she has been really good about it and hasn't complained, I don't blame her if she was getting tired of sharing. Although I have been able to sit for short periods of time over the last few months, and my desk top had been set up at my sister's house, it got packed away in the garage when I moved, and the notebook is still pathetically slow.

A few weeks ago Danny returned the lap top to me, all ready to go online. I have been using it faithfully since we moved. Yesterday I turned the lap top on and it started making a groaning noise. Then it said something about not finding the disc and unable to boot. Danny says it means the hard drive is going out, I need to get a new one.

The notebook is still pathetically slow.

So this morning I finally got my desk top back online. I feel like I am back where I started.... first I had a desk top.

No comments:

Post a Comment