Monday, April 12, 2010

The weekend is over...



The move is over... sorta.

We managed to get all our things moved over and into the new apartment by late Saturday morning. The old apartment was clean by 2:15 Saturday afternoon. We were exhausted and sore all over.



This is the view from the balcony. We need to get something to secure the balcony before we can let the girls out there. Chloe would slip right through the bars and being on the second floor, would not be good. The first picture is from the livingroom window.

All that is left is the unpacking... I can't help but think of "The Incredibles", where she calls her husband at work to announce they are officially moved in. He asks her what about the last three years, and she says the last box was finally unpacked! I wonder how long it will take us?

I managed to fall on Saturday. I was stepping backwards and didn't realize a box was behind me. It was probably one of those comical falls they stage in a movie for laughs, but I wasn't laughing. I never laugh at those falls. I doubt anyone who has a spine that won't stay put where it belongs would laugh either. I cried instead. Three hours later I was in my chiropractor's office getting adjusted. I'm okay now, but I have another appointment on Tuesday. At $26 a pop, I really wish my spine would stay put. I get the medicare discount, otherwise it would be $36.



Tiffany also hurt herself. She banged her knee on her car door and something happened that was bad. She is in a leg brace now, and if it doesn't improve in a week will get an MRI. Her knee pops, which isn't normal and they are concerned it may need surgery. We really don't need this.

It never occurred to me that there might be a problem with cigarette smoke seeping through the walls from another apartment, but apparently that is what is happening. I came home from church yesterday and got an almost immediate headache. My new kitchen smells. It drifts into the living area. Thank goodness it isn't in the bedrooms. The smokers are not the people below us, it is the apartment next to them, on the other side of the kitchen wall. So it is coming in through the kitchen somehow. I prayed for help with this, I cannot continue to have cigarette smoke in my home, I get too sick. The maintenance guy is really nice, he loaned me a ionizer and will come up later to seal all the outlets to see if that helps.

I really don't want to be so grumpy. My head hurts, Chloe won't stop crying this morning, Alison is whining, and getting used to apartment living is going to be a bit of a challenge.

I hope nap time gets here soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment