Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter

Yesterday was Easter. It was also Conference time. I love it when Easter and Conference fall on the same day.

I enjoy Conference... It is a time to hear inspired men and women speak from their hearts about the things of God. I always feel uplifted and comforted after hearing the words of the Prophet and General Authorities.

Easter is also a special time... As I learn a little more about the Atonement, and use it in my life, I am awed and grateful from the bottom of my heart for this incredible gift given. I cannot imagine a life without being able to draw on the power of the Atonement, whether for my own shortfallings or for the grief and pains put on me by others. I have also learned how it aids and heals the physical ailments. All in all, the most wonderful gift the Lord could have given us is His gift of His Atonement.

I look forward to receiving my copy of the DVD's made of Conference. I enjoy watching them during the 6 months between sessions. Especially on Sundays I am unable to attend church, I have a ready library of appropriate material and inspiring talks to watch as I recover from an illness or flare-up.

May the love of the Lord be with us all, and help us to feel how important we are to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment